Friday, August 3, 2007

Pasta Brava



This home-style Italian restaurant serves italian fare from Southern Italy.
There is a very warm and welcoming feeling once u entered the restaurant
Dark oak paneling wooden stairs and infrastructure, an eclectic mixture of the quaint and contemporary design.

The restaurant seems rather pack even at about 8ish pm. More people came entering the restaurant about 9pm.
After much reading of rave reviews online and to fix that carb craving tonight i made my way down to Craig Road.
I enjoyed their service and the entire restaurant ambience.
But somehow i was rather disappointed with their food.

I asked the server for their reccomendation on the appetisers, pasta and meat.




The calamari came and it doesnt look good.
The batter just looked boring and indeed both the batter and calamari tasted bland.
I felt disappointed and anxious about my coming dishes cos
if their best on the list tasted bad i wonder how good the rest will be.




The beef and the pasta came about 15mins later.
The pasta is good i have to say. First time i tried such pasta
thin pieces of sliced pasta, tossed with small scallops and prawns in saffron cream sauce.
The dish is rich tasting, yet not overwhelming.



As for the beef, house speciality, is not a winner to me
Such fare can be easily made at home. Nothing extremely stunning.

I tried to console myself by trying to order some italian desserts
thinking it might save the entire dinner


my house speciality panna cotta came and i just had a few mouth of it.
nothing special.


I wouldnt come back for other stuffs beside their pasta.
i heard their ink pasta is fantastic, i guess i will be back for tht.



Food Quality : 3/5
Food Pricing : 3/5
Service : 4/5
Ambience:4/5




Pasta Brava
11 Craig Road (S)089671
Opening Hours : Lunch: 12 noon - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.30pm
Closed on Sunday
Telephone : 62277550

No comments: